Would you and your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be together. This is why making an emergency family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergency. Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so you and your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form