Would you and your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatecreated to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form